I love planing for family photos. Sometimes it’s hard to choose what to wear for your family photos especially if you have a larger family because there is more to have to coordinate. My three rules of thumb for family photography:
- Choose all neutral colors and ONE pop color
- Neutral Colors: Black, white, tan, Ivory, gray, navy, khaki, denim
- Pop Colors: Pink, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Red, Teal, basically any color that is not a neutral
- Choose Classic clothing, you don’t want to look back on your photos wearing something too trendy because you will for sure say “What was I thinking???”
- Start with YOUR outfit. YOU are the hardest person to dress (everyone else will just wear what you tell them to). So Pick your outfit and whatever that color/pattern happens to be…..plan everyone else’s outfit around that. If you start with the kids then you will have to find something for you to match them which could leave you on the hunt for weeks attempting to find something that you think looks good on you AND matches the kids. Trust me, pick your outfit first!
Stay tuned as I will update each season change with a new What to Wear for Family Portraits post!
All of these outfits are available from either Gap, Old Navy, Target or Nordstrom (women).
**Fall trend VELVET*** I love the velvet trend this season so I snuck in some velvet dresses. I think as long as you keep the velvet a neutral or subtle color and don’t pair it with any other trends then you should be good for not being “too trendy”.